No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.
AFMA adopts a multi-pronged strategy to make Alexandria self-reliant in flood resilience. AFMA aims at reducing both the probability and impact of flood risk in a sustainable manner.
AFMA focused on:
- Creating an information system based on rainfall forecasting
- Assessing mitigation action based on rainfall and flood forecast
- Constructing and operating early warning hardware and infrastructure
- Building capacities at various levels such as in academia, government agencies and in the society.
Afma has following key roles
- Provide early warning to avoid damage to life and property in Alexandria
- Promote long term resilience through planning and implementation of Alexandria’s infrastructure and services
- Ever-ready in offering support and advice to the Governorate of Alexandria on flood risk management
- Serve as a beacon of resilience to other Arab cities.